Just Arrested for DWI/DUI?
If you have just been arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs in Dallas, you need to act quickly to protect your rights and your future. At Knight Law Office, we know that you must take proactive action immediately following an arrest to help procure the best end result possible.
Take a look at our list of recommended steps to take in the days following your arrest.
Within 2-3 days:
- Contact a trustworthy and experienced Dallas DWI/DUI defense attorney. You want to look for a lawyer with a history of successful case results, who will work with you personally to come up with the best possible outcome. You do not want an attorney who will just blindly plead guilty or pass your case off to a paralegal.
- Go back to the scene of your arrest and take photos or video footage. Take pictures of any specific features of the street, including tire marks, uneven ground, construction work, or anything else that may have been involved, especially if there was an accident.
- Write down all that you can recall from the night of your arrest and the entire 24 hour period leading up to that moment:
- How many hours of sleep you had the night before
- How many drinks you had that day
- How much you ate that day
- If you have any health or medical conditions, or any medications you took
- Who all you were with 12 hours prior to your arrest
Within 15 days:
- Request a hearing from the DPS regarding your driver's license suspension. You will lose the right to a hearing if not requested within the 15 day allowance. Either you or your attorney can make this happen.
- Make sure to at least speak with a knowledgeable DWI lawyer if you have not procured one yet. They will be able to provide you with a full, clear picture of your charges, what you can expect and what kind of impact this could have on your future.
Call Attorney Knight today!
Make our firm your first call after a DWI arrest. With experience as a former prosecutor and a history of success, he is more than prepared to represent you with tenacity. Dedicated and completely invested in each case he takes on, clients are never just another number.
Call our Dallas criminal defense firm at (214) 712-2280 today. Our phones are answered 24/7 for your convenience!